The 2019 Study of the United States Institute For Student Leaders on Women’s Leadership
This particular institute is open ONLY to Moroccan female applicants.
Program dates are June and August 2019 – specific dates will come soon.
The U.S. Embassy in Morocco is pleased to announce the call for applications for the 2019 Study of the U.S. Institute for Student Leaders on Women’s Leadership.
The Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI) for Student Leaders are intensive short term academic programs whose purpose is to provide groups of undergraduate student leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States, while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills. The five-week Institutes will consist of a balanced series of seminar discussions, readings, group presentations, and lectures. The coursework and classroom activities will be complemented by educational travel, site visits, leadership activities, and volunteer opportunities within the local community. The Institutes will include an academic residency component of approximately four weeks and an integrated study tour of approximately one week. During the academic residency, participants will also have the opportunity to engage in educational and cultural activities outside of the classroom.The participants will have opportunities to network with one another and meet with inspiring U.S. women leaders.
Participants will then travel to the selected host institution where they will engage in a four week academic residency focusing on the history and participation of women in public life in the United States. The Institutes will focus on two major areas: developing participants’ leadership skills in areas such as critical thinking, communication, decision-making, and managerial abilities; and, placing these abilities in the context of the history and participation of women in U.S. politics, economics, culture, and society. The program will also examine the historical domestic progress towards women’s equality in the United States, the current domestic successes and challenges to women in a variety of fields, and current challenges in global women’s issues. The academic residency will be complemented by an educational study tour that will take participants to another area of the U.S. where they will conclude the program and depart the United States.
All participant costs, including program administration, international and domestic travel and ground transportation, book, cultural, mailing and incidental allowances, housing and subsistence will be paid by the U.S. Department of State.
Candidate Description and Qualifications
The participants are expected to be highly motivated undergraduate students from colleges, universities, and other institutions of higher education, who demonstrate leadership through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities and interest in Women’s Leadership issues, and with little or no prior experience in the United States or elsewhere outside their home country.
The competition is open to all female applicants who meet the following criteria:
- be female aged between 18 and 25 years of age;
- be Moroccan resident in Morocco;
- be proficient in English;
- have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades, awards, and teacher recommendations;
- have at least one year left of their undergraduate studies, and therefore be committed to return to their home universities following completion of the program;
- demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities;
- be interested in the topic of Women’s Leadership;
- indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States;
- demonstrate commitment to community and extracurricular university activities;
- have little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of their home country;
- be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive;
- be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel; and,
- be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
HOW TO APPLY?
Complete and submit your online application at https://rabatexchanges.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk01b6m/
Any question can be sent to the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is Friday November 30, 2018 at midnight. No late applications will be accepted.