Fully Funded Bill Gates Scholarship at University of Cambridge in UK has opened the application. Each year Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation funds bill gates scholarship to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. 90 Scholarships are awarded annually. These are prestigious and highly competitive awarded to citizens of any country outside the UK. Bill gates scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarships are one of the most prestigious international scholarships in the world. The programme was established in 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge; this is the largest ever single donation to a UK university. Gates Cambridge Scholarships are prestigious, highly competitive full-cost scholarships. They are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge.
- The University Composition Fee and College fees at the appropriate rate
- a maintenance allowance for a single student (£17, 500 for 12 months; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months)
- one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
The Trust also considers applications for several types of additional funding on a discretionary basis:
- Family allowance – up to £10,120 for a first child and up to £4,320 for a second child. No funding is provided for a partner.
- Conference attendance: up to £500 a year if you are presenting.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your PhD.
- Some fourth year funding for PhD Scholars may be provided – but the termly maintenance allowance reduces per term for up to a year
- Hardship funding – if there are unforeseen difficulties.
- a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge: PhD (three-year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two-year research-only degree); or a one-year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
- OR already a student at Cambridge and want to apply for a new postgraduate course. For example, if you are studying for an MPhil you can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to do a PhD. However, if you have already started a course, you cannot apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to fund the rest of it.
- OR already a Gates Cambridge Scholar and want to apply for a second Scholarship. You must apply by the second, international deadline and go through the same process of departmental ranking, shortlisting and interviewing as all other candidates.
- outstanding intellectual ability
- leadership potential
- a commitment to improving the lives of other
- a good fit between the applicant’s qualifications and aspirations and the postgraduate programme at Cambridge for which they are applying.
The deadlines will be:
- Round 1 (US citizens based in the USA) – 18 October 2018
- Round 2 (all other eligible candidates) – 5 December 2018 (application opens on September)
Contact the organizer: firstname.lastname@example.org