Deadlines: June 18 / June 30 / July 30 2016
OTT (Citizens Of The Text) is currently seeking applications from individuals, students, recent graduates or any other eligible profile from throughout the world for minimum 4 week Internships that will take place during this year’s 500th Anniversary of The Venice Jewish Ghetto and the Venice Art Biennale.
OTT is an international project, inspiring by classical jewish text to explore the cultural perspective what the jewish people are today: a singular people who. while separated by geography, are united and inspired by text. Transcending politics or national frontiers with a cultural message that springs from the tradition of seeking wisdom and inspiration by contemplating text.
The work and performances in the program curated by Ronit Muszkatblit will employ the cultural heritage of classic Jewish texts as a framework to reflect on our existence and a universal metaphor for life, regardless of nationality. Rather than presenting a literal interpretation of the world, the goal is to pose questions that invite an exploration of contemporary life.
- Act as an ambassador and advocate for the OTT Organization and the work of artists.
- Day-to-day exhibition and venue management such as timely opening and closing of the exhibition, set-up and shut-down of equipment, cleaning and keeping front of Palazzo presentable.
- Maintain records of visitor numbers and visitor comments book.
- Responsible for the monitoring and security of the exhibition artworks, technology and venue.
- Report any changes to the conditions of the artworks or equipment immediately to the team.
- Extend a high level of hospitality to all visitors to the exhibition.
- Proactively engage with visitors, distribute information and assist in interpreting the artwork.
- Managing enquiries from the public, press and arts professionals.
- Support the events program and give talks or tours to small groups of visitors.
- Have a valid passport and be eligible to travel to Italy.
- Background in: Art, Literature, Science or other creative field.
- Good knowledge of English.
- Highly motivated with good customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Independent, responsible and trustworthy with a flexible working attitude and able to cope with the challenges of working abroad.
- Previous gallery or exhibition experience (e.g. internships, work experience, volunteering) and interest in developing a career in the arts.
- Previous experience of international travel.
- Knowledge of other languages (particularly Italian).
The OTT Venice Internships are unpaid voluntary positions, successful candidates will receive:
- Accommodation in Venice.
Dates and Deadlines:
For each of the following periods, 2 Interns will be recruited, individuals or two people together may apply:
- 28 June – 25 July 2016 (4 weeks): Extended Deadline June 18.
- 26 July – 22 August 2016 (4 weeks): Deadline June 30.
- 23 August – 19 September 2016 (4 weeks): Deadline July 30.
Selected Intern, should arrive always on the previous Monday 10 a.m. in the Palazzo to be. instructed by previous interns. The following day, on Tuesday at 10.A.M. work begins.
Please send your informal CV along with a covering letter outlining your experience, explaining why you think you would be suitable for this position and your preferred dates for the Internship (see above) to: firstname.lastname@example.org / Mirta@laba-ba.org
For more information you can download the Guideline Here