Deadline: June 16th 2016
Basic Description of CorpsAfrica/Maroc Service:
CorpsAfrica/Maroc Volunteers serve for one-year in Morocco in a community chosen for its perceived need, existence of local partners, existence of essential infrastructure, and location. The Volunteer will dedicate his/her time to working with local partners to identify an area of concern for the community, design a solution to address the concern, implement the solution, and monitor and evaluate the results. To achieve this, the CorpsAfrica/Maroc Volunteer will receive professional training before and during their service, have the support of CorpsAfrica staff in Morocco and internationally, and receive a living allowance, health insurance, and resettlement allowance. Volunteers will be required to submit blog posts and reports during their service, as well as mid-service and final presentations.
Special At Large Volunteers (Target applicants):
This new status was created by CorpsAfrica/Maroc to give a chance to people with study and work engagements to volunteer between 3 to 6 months. The Specialist At large Volunteers will be asked to visit different rural sites of Morocco where CorpsAfrica/Maroc Volunteers are serving, to establish a certain project that gathers many official volunteers.
CorpsAfrica/Maroc Specialist At Large Volunteer will:
- Visit all sites where CorpsAfrica/Maroc volunteers are serving (Chichaoua, High Atlas Mountains and Oukaimden ( and maybe El jadida).
- Work on a specific project in collaboration with several CA/M volunteers.
- Collaborating with the CA/M volunteers in their sites on the project they will be implementing in that time.
- Organize and Co-operate in other different activities (This depends on the availability of each Specialist At large Volunteer).
- Meet CA/M volunteers at least one time a month.
- Visit at least two sites a month.
- Submit monthly reports, blogs, recommendations, and their contribution / touch on the projects.
- Training: Specialist At large volunteers will participate and attend the In-Service Training.
- Reimbursements for travel expenses related to CA/M frame of work and perdiems during CA/M trainings, events and activities.
- Invitation to Attend CorpsAfrica/Maroc special events.
- Support and Evaluation.
- Certificate of completion and description of end of service.
- Moroccan citizen.
- 24 years old or older.
- Bac (High school certificate) +2 years minimum with at least two years of experience in a specific and adequate domain.
- No conflict of interests, including employment or family obligations that would interfere with duties and responsibilities.
- No record of criminal activity that would demonstrate unsuitability for CorpsAfrica/Maroc service
- Experience with work in the social sector (e.g. as a member/volunteer/leader of an association)
- Experience living independently
- Experience with managing a personal and/or organizational budget
- Experience with designing, implementing, and monitoring new projects
- Specific technical skills (e.g. engineering, management, computers…etc)
- Leadership experience
- Linguistic competence in an Amazigh dialect, French, and/or English
Other preferred Qualifications:
- Strong motivation for volunteering.
- Able to work in rural areas and Mountains.
- Special skills that can be shared with official volunteers.
- Complete and send the application (Deadline is Thursday, June 16th 2016)
- Completed application in word format.
- CV ( Curriculum Vitae)
- Recent Photo
If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified by email or phone. You will be expected to come to Casablanca for an interview at your own expense
The application is Here